You can purchase the official SSAE 16 audit guide from the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ (AICPA) website, or you can simply visit the official SSAE 16 Resource Guide at ssae16.org. As a comprehensive website dedicated solely to Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagement No. 16, the official SSAE 16 Resource Guide was developed by NDNB Accountants & Consultants, a nationally recognized IR CPA firm specializing in regulatory compliance for businesses throughout North America and abroad. Thus, you’ll find a wealth of information regarding the new AICPA attest standard that effectively replaced the aging SAS 70 auditing standard for reporting periods ending on or after June 15, 2011. Specifically, NDNB’s own SSAE 16 audit guide provides relevant, up-to-date information on the following subject matter:
• History of the new standard and how it evolved.
• New reporting requirements, such as the description of the service organization’s “system”, the written statement of assertion by management, along with other new mandates.
• The evolution of the new AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) reporting platform, which includes SOC 1, SOC 2, and SOC 3 reporting options.
• List of frequently asked questions (FAQ) on some of the most pressing issues currently facing SSAE 16 audits.
• Dozens of technical white papers discussing various issues relating to the SOC Standard and SSAE 16 Type 1 and Type 2 assessments.
• …and much, much more!
While the AICPA provides the official SSAE 16 audit publication, NDNB’s official SSAE 16 Resource Guide is your trusted source for staying abreast of all significant events relating to SSAE 16.