NDB Accountants & Consultants, LLP (NDB) is one of Texas’ leading providers of SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 reports, offering high-quality compliance services, complete with fixed-fee pricing for all our solutions. Along with offering SOC 2 audits, we also provide numerous supporting services, such as readiness assessments to policy writing, and much more. If you’re a business in Dallas, TX offering critical services and solutions to other entities, then expect SOC 2 compliance to come calling, so get prepared and learn the facts about the AICPA Service Organization Control (SOC) framework.
Dallas’ Leading Provider of SOC 2 Audits & Assessments at Fixed Fees
There’s no better place to be than the Lone Star State – call it a Texas mindset, one we fully embrace – yet with such a stellar economy in Dallas also comes big regulatory compliance reporting mandates for many businesses. Technology is booming in Dallas, and also in Houston and Austin, with many Texas entities requiring annual SOC 2 compliance, which NDB can assist, offering fixed fee pricing. Name an industry in Texas, from manufacturing to technology, and it’s safe to say that NDB has a strong presence in terms of providing annual compliance audits and assessments. From the oil fields of West Texas to the technology hub in Austin, NDB is a household name in offering SOC 2 audits, and numerous other regulatory compliance services, such as SOC 1, SOC 3, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, ISO 270000 reporting, and more.
Offering Comprehensive SOC 2 Services to Dallas, TX Businesses
1. SOC 2 Scoping & Readiness Assessments: What’s the very first step every Dallas, TX business should take when it comes to SOC 2 compliance – perform a scoping & readiness assessment – a highly beneficial and cost-effective initiative for ensuring your internal controls are comprehensively assessed prior to beginning an actual SOC 2 audit. You’ll want to learn more about critical scope issues, what gaps and deficiencies exist, what are the next steps for remediation – and more – and that’s exactly what you’ll receive from NDB’s SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessment. Call and speak with CPA Christopher Nickell at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, to learn more.
Keep something in mind – performing a SOC 2 scoping & readiness assessment is not “just” another added fee to your audit – not at all – it’s a highly useful and insightful initiative that yields meaningful results for helping you properly plan, assess, and execute the audit with a high degree of success. From a long-term perspective, it just makes sense, and it’s why we recommend Dallas, TX businesses – particularly those new to SOC 2 reporting – to perform this very critical upfront process prior to the audit. Saving time and money on costly compliance audits begins with proper planning and scoping, so keep this in mind also.
2. Information Security Policy and Procedures Writing: Remediating internal control deficiencies begins by developing high-quality, comprehensive information security policies and procedures, those reflective of your business environment. Without quality documentation, your employees are unaware of the various processes and procedures needed to perform their jobs, thus management has little or no oversight over their internal controls. What’s more, auditors often demand policies and procedures as part of the assessment evidence for SOC 2 reports, thus making the development of documentation a high-priority indeed. Yes, policy writing is one of the most tedious, demanding, and time-consuming aspects of SOC 2 compliance for any business in Texas. And yes, it can be incredibly taxing also – both in terms of operational manpower and dollars – and it’s why Texas businesses seeking to become SOC 2 compliant are turning to NDB.
3. Technical and Operational Controls Remediation: While policies and procedures can be an incredibly time-consuming and laborious process in terms of remediation, the same can be said for the technical and operational remediation processes. Information systems often have be re-configured, correctly provisioned and/or enhanced for purposes of meeting mandated best practices for SOC 2 compliance. Thankfully, NDB offers numerous technical hardening guides and helpful checklists that go a long way in helping meeting the rigors of SOC 2 compliance.
4. SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 Reports: When looking to perform a SOC 2 assessment, Dallas, TX businesses new to regulatory compliance often start off with a SOC 2 Type 1 assessment, them moving on to subsequent, annual SOC 2 Type 2 audit reports. Type 1 reports are for a specific day, such as June 30, 20xx and do NOT have a test period. As for SOC 2 Type 2 reports, they DO contain a test period for testing internal controls – generally six (6) months, and are thus considered a much more in-depth assessment than its SOC 2 Type 1 sibling.
5. Continuous Compliance Reporting Initiatives: In today’s world of growing regulatory compliance mandates being placed on businesses, it’s not enough to just perform an annual audit – sure, you can share the results with clients and prospects – but the true test of compliance comes in the form of “continuous monitoring”. What’s “continuous monitoring”; it’s the efforts you put forward in assessing, monitoring, evaluating, and changing – if necessary – your system of internal controls on a structured basis. In short, it’s your environment, so you need to monitor it effectively, and not somebody else. NDB provides a wide range of forms and helpful checklists for performing critical monitoring initiatives, so call us today at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706.
6. Assessing Subservice Organizations: Do you in turn outsource critical services to another company? If so, such organizations would be considered a “subservice organization” in terms of regulatory compliance as it relates to your business model. Luckily, many of these subservice organizations may in fact have their own compliance reports – SSAE 16 SOC 1 or SOC 2 audits – for which you can rely on for purposes of compliance. If they don’t in fact have such reports on hand, then expect to perform additional testing procedures to suffice for such areas.
7. Why Consider NDB: We’ve been one of the leading providers of SOC 2 and other regulatory compliance services for the Dallas, Texas market for years, offering superior services and fixed-fee pricing. Living in the Lone Star State is a privilege, and as Texans, we’re here to serve our local communities with the best possible services and solutions for today’s pressing and demanding regulatory compliance mandates. Is your business in Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio – or some other region in Texas – great, then we’ve got you covered with services and solutions for all of today’s regulatory compliance mandates. If you’re seeking a Texas compliance firm with deep roots, excellent pricing and superior knowledge, then consider NDB.
8. Next Steps: Call the SOC 2 regulatory compliance experts today at NDB as we offer superior services, fixed-fee pricing for SOC 2 audits, along with numerous supporting solutions. If you’re looking for a CPA firm that provides much more than just an audit, then talk to NDB. Call and speak with CPA Christopher Nickell, at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, to learn more today, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re the Texas Authority for SOC 2 Audits – Let’s Talk
NDB has been offering regulatory compliance services for years to Texas businesses – those located in Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and beyond – so give us the opportunity to serve you. Whatever your compliance reporting mandate are – SSAE 16 SOC 1, SOC 2, SOC 3, PCI DSS, HIPAA, FISMA, DFARS, FAR, ISO 27000, and more – NDB is the Lone Star State’s unquestioned leader. Please contact us today to learn more.